This raw avocado cacao mousse will be your new favorite treat. It is so surprisingly tasty, and you can't even taste the avocado at all, but the fruit gives this mousse its silky softness, not to mention the vast amount of nutrients. You could eat this for breakfast, lunch, or dinner because it's so healthy. More like a very thick smoothie or a pudding, this one will set very well in the fridge.
Raw Avocado Cacao Mousse [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup almond milk (you can make your own to make this recipe fully raw)
- 3 avocados, stone removed and flesh scooped out of the skin
- Just over a cup of cacao nibs or powder
- 1/4 cup agave nectar, or maple syrup (or 2 teaspoons powdered stevia for sugar-free option)
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until silky smooth. If your blender is not so powerful, add the cacao bit by bit and stop the blender every once in a while to scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Pour into 6 glasses and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (overnight delivers the best results).