Ice cream lovers, listen up! If you like ice cream (as much as I do), but don’t want to invest a fortune into buying an ice cream maker to get that creamy texture – here’s a recipe for you! This pitaya coconut ice cream is just amazing! It’s surprisingly fresh and creamy at the same time and the perfect healthy treat for hot summer days!
Pitaya Coconut Ice Cream [Vegan, No Refined Sugar]
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for min. 6 hours)
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or 5-8 pitted dates)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 2 pitaya/ dragon fruits (with pink flesh to get the nice color)
- Place all the ingredients into a high speed blender and mix until you get a smooth texture (it will be quite liquid). If you want the colour to be stronger feel free to add more pitaya.
- Pour the mixture into a ziplock bag laying flat or silicon muffin/ ice cube trays and freeze for 4-5 hours (or overnight).
- Cut the firm mixture into small cubes or pop them out of the molds and blend up once again (this step is crucial for the creaminess)!
- Scoop the mixture into the desired ice cream form and place back into the freezer for 1-2 hours until it's firm enough to scoop it out nicely!
- If you don't want to eat it immediately make sure to let it soften a bit at room temperature until you can scoop it out nicely.
- Serve with coconut flakes and fresh fruit!