If you are a fan of the sweet-tart lemon poppy seed flavor, these easy overnight oats are a must try. Bonus is, they’re packed with fibre, healthy fats, and protein to start your day off right!
Lemon Poppy Seed Overnight Oats [Vegan]
1 to 2
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk (full-fat or light)
- 1/4 cup probiotic non-dairy yogurt (plain or lemon)
- 1 Tablespoon vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon), adjusted to taste
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup or sweetener of choice, adjusted to taste
- 2 teaspoon poppy seeds, plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, adjusted to taste, plus more for topping
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- optional toppings: yogurt, berries, granola, poppy seeds, lemon zest, or toppings of choice
- Put all of the ingredients except toppings in a bowl or single-serving mason jar and stir well to combine. Adjust sweetener, lemon juice, and lemon zest to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, or for a minimum of 6 hours.
Lemon Poppy Seed Overnight Oats can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days. Enjoy cold with your choice of toppings.