Some time ago I came up with this super yummy hazelnut cream. It is a seriously delicious treat that is not only vegan, gluten-free, free of processed sugar and starches but it also takes only 5 ingredients to make!
Hazelnut Chocolate Parfait [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Hazelnut Chocolate Parfait [Vegan]
For the Hazelnut Cream:
- 1 cup (150g) hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup (70g) dates
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
For the Chocolate Cream:
- 1/4 cup (35g) dates
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder or cacao powder if you like it raw
How to Prepare Hazelnut Chocolate Parfait [Vegan]
- Make sure you soak the dates in the water, this way they will be easier to blend.
- Heat a medium sized non-stick frying pan with a thick bottom and roast the hazelnuts for a few minutes, stirring constantly. When the hazelnuts' skin starts to crack and peel, take the pan off the stove and let cool down a little. Set a few hazelnuts aside for decorating. Then rub the skin off the remaining hazelnuts either with your (clean) fingers or by putting them into a clean dish towel and rubbing them vigorously together.
- Put hazelnuts, 1/2 cup dates, 1 1/4 cup water and 2 tablespoons coconut oil into a high-speed blender and blend to a fine cream. I like to make smaller amounts like the chocolate sauce in my small blender. So again, blend 1/4 cup dates, 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup cocoa powder to a fine cream.
- Pour the hazelnut cream and chocolate cream in layers into the dessert glasses. Chop the remaining few hazelnuts roughly and sprinkle them over the parfaits.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.