You can enjoy your Goji Detox Tea at room temperature or over ice. This tea is sweet, tangy and slightly spicy! This tea helps flush out your lymphatic system and reduce swelling.
Goji Detox Tea [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3-inch piece of ginger (or substitute 3 tablespoons ginger powder)
- 3-inch piece of turmeric root (or substitute 3 tablespoons turmeric powder)
- 1/2 cup goji berries (or substitute 3 tablespoons goji powder)
- 6 small lemons
- 2 teaspoons stevia powder
- 80-ounces purified water
- In a large blender add about 32-ounces of water and your goji berries. Let sit for several hours until the goji berries are plump and hydrated.
- Then blend the mixture well and then pour through a nut milk bag or a paint straining bag into a large 80-ounce pitcher. You can get 1-gallon paint straining bags, 2 for $2 at your local hardware store. Squeeze the remaining liquid through the bag and voilà, you are left with goji juice!! Alternately, you could use a mesh strainer.
- In a juicer, juice your ginger root, turmeric, and lemons.
- In your large pitcher add the ginger+turmeric+lemon juice, goji juice, and enough water to fill. Then add stevia to taste. Mix well with a wooden spoon and adjust flavors as needed. Let sit for about 10 mins before serving to let the flavors blend.
- If you are using powder ingredients only, you'll want to prepare the herbs as you would lose leaf tea. Boil hot water and add to the powders and let sit until room temp. Then add your lemon, goji juice, and stevia to taste
Will last about 5 days in the fridge.
- Goji Berry