Looking for a salad that's more than lettuce? Give this simple edamame seaweed salad a try! Edamame and wakame seaweed are tossed in a sweet, umami dressing with notes of fresh ginger, then topped with a sprinkle of crunchy sesame seeds. This salad can be served as a light lunch or a side with dinner.
Edamame Seaweed Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 cups edamame
- 1/2 cup dried seaweed of choice, such as kelp or wakame
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Boil your edamame for 3 minutes and drain.
- Soak the seaweed in cold water for 15 minutes, then drain.
- For the dressing, combine the green onion, ginger, rice vinegar, maple syrup, and soy sauce. Give it a good mix.
- Add the edamame and seaweed to a bowl, pour on the dressing and mix well.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds all over the dish and serve.