Dill Pickle French Fries are salty, tangy and bursting with dill flavor just like dill pickle chips! Apple cider vinegar gives these fries a tangy flavor and they are seasoned with fresh dill, garlic powder and mustard powder.
Dill Pickle French Fries [Vegan]
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 potatoes
- Pre-heat the oven to 450°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix the oil and vinegar, add herbs and spices and stir until mixed.
- Slice the potatoes into long thin fries and toss them in the dill mixture to evenly coat.
- Spread the fries evenly on the baking sheets and cook for 40-60 minutes. Turn the fries every 10 minutes and rotate the racks until the desired crispiness is reached.
Brining these french fries in a salt-and-cabbage solution seasons them and, as they start to lightly ferment, infuses them with a slight tang. Think salt-and-vinegar chips and you get the right idea.