Every night after a very long day at work, on my dreary drive home I fantasize about what I'm going to eat when I get home. Usually it involves salad, sweet potatoes, tahini, and possibly oatmeal (maybe all together??). Every once in awhile, though, I fantasize about this recipe. The gooey dates and the tart berries are the perfect indulgence after such a long day. Sometimes I just skip dinner altogether because, you know what, I'm an adult and I can do-what-I-want. Luckily, this dish is SO easy to make. As soon as I get home I whip it up and within minutes I'm enjoying all the chocolate-y gooey-ness that, as an adult, I deserve to have at night. The best thing about this? It's low in fat, unlike many other raw desserts. It is high in the good kind of carbohydrates, which means it's energy boosting without the crash, and the cacao gives you a boost of magnesium, which helps you relax and get to sleep when it's time for bed. Who doesn't love that??
Chocolate Brownie Cake With Raspberries [Vegan]
1 - 2
- 1/4 cup walnuts, soaked
- 1 T cacao powder
- 2 medjool dates, soaked and pitted
- pinch sea salt
- 4-6 medjool dates, soaked and pitted
- 2 T cacao powder
- 1 T water
- 1 t vanilla
- Process all of the ingredients in a food processor, blender or mini chopper until a crumbly mixture forms.
- Press down into a pie dish until evenly distributed.
- Place the ingredients in a food processor, blender or mini chopper and process until a paste forms.
- Spread over the top of your crust.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and serve!!