A light and lively rendition of green beans, garlicky with a nice dose of mellow tempered heat!
Green Beans With Toasted Mustard Seeds and Garlic [Vegan]
4 - 6
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 11/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (about 4 pods)
- 3/4 teaspoons red pepper flakes or to taste
- salt to taste
- Trim the beans and finely chop the beans (I like to cut them into small breadth wise slivers).
- Heat the oil and the butter on medium heat for a minute and add in the mustard seeds and wait for them to crackle and pop, this takes about 30 seconds.
- Turn off the heat for a minute or so and then turn back the heat on low and add in the garlic and gently cook until the garlic is pale golden and fragrant. This takes less than a minute and it is important to make sure that the garlic does not get burnt or it will taste bitter and ruin the dish.
- Add in the green beans and stir well with the red chili powder and the salt and stir well.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until the beans are cooked through.The beans are soft with a slight hint of crunch in this recipe.
- String Bean
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile