Seeking the perfect gift for a health-conscious significant other, friend, or co-worker? We’ve put together a collection of gifts that chefs, foodies, and healthy eaters of all ages are sure to enjoy! This list of eco-friendly gifts is organized by dollar amount.
There has been an explosion of amazing new vegan cookbooks hitting the market over the past few months! There are way too many awesome options to include them all, but a few of the most popular recent debuts include:
- Eat to Live: The Amazing Nutrient-Rich Program for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss by Joel Furhman
- The Lean: A Revolutionary (and Simple!) 30-Day Plan for Healthy, Lasting Weight Loss by Kathy Freston
- Chloe’s Kitchen: 125 Easy, Delicious Recipes for Making the Food You Love the Vegan Way by Chloe Coscarelli
- Forks Over Knives – The Cookbook: Over 300 Recipes for Plant-Based Eating All Through the Year by Del Sroufe, Isa Chandra Moskowitz, Julieanna Hever and Judy Micklewright
- Happy Herbivore Abroad: A Travelogue and Over 135 Fat-Free and Low-Fat Vegan Recipes from Around the World by Lindsay Nixon
For even more great reads, check out our Ultimate Guide to the Best Vegan Books of 2012.
The ChicoBag Recycled/Reusable Produce Bag is a practical (and affordable!) gift idea for just about anyone. Flip and Tumble’s mesh produce bags are also excellent options! Bonus: you can get a set of 5 for under $10.
$50 to $100
Pangea sells several great gift baskets in the $50 range. From Anti-Stress to Go Vegan! there is an option for every health-conscious vegetarian or vegan in your life.
There are also tons of tasty gift basket and box options for tea lovers. The Wissotsky Green Tea Chest is a collection of 80 assorted green teas (in 6 different flavors). The set comes in an attractive, decorative wooden box. The Tea Forte Tea Chest Collection is also a great option, with an amazing variety of flavors and a detailed tea menu.
The ultimate gift for your health-conscious loved one has to be the Vitamix! Although it’s definitely an investment, the Vitamix is truly a “must-have” appliance for the vegan and raw food kitchen. You can use it to juice, blend, chop, powder and process with ease, and make your own smoothies, soups, sauces, and even home-made flour. The company’s unparalleled 5-7 year warranties guarantee your satisfaction.
Got another great gift idea for all the foodies out there? Share it in the comments section below!
You need to take part in a contest for one of the best sites on the
net. I’m going to highly recommend this blog!