A spring mug cake that will brighten your day! This lemon zucchini cake takes two minutes to make and results in a moist and delicious cake that you can't resist! The fresh shredded zucchini keeps this mug cake moist and the coconut milk adds just enough creamy richness to make this your new favorite mug cake recipe.
Lemon Zucchini Mug Cake [Vegan]
For the Mug Cake:
- 8 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons coconut milk or non-dairy milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini, squeezed dry
For the Optional Lemon Drizzle and Zest:
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- In a small bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. This can be mixed directly in your microwave safe large mug or ramekin if it's large enough.
- Add all wet ingredients including shredded zucchini and mix until all dry bits are incorporated.
- Microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, checking at the 1 1/2 minute mark. It will still be a little moist in the very center. If you've split the batter between two separate mugs, start out with 1 minute in the microwave to adjust for the smaller container.
- Drizzle with lemony frosting and zest (optional).