This burger layers a blend of seasonal flavors in a black bean and pumpkin patty. Dressed up with roasted red pepper and creamy avocado spread, it's completely irresistible. Go ahead and take a bite. You deserve this!
Grilled Black Bean and Pumpkin Burger [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 15-ounce can organic black beans
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 minced chipotle peppers
- 1/4 cup fresh corn
- 3 tablespoons pure pumpkin
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Dice red onion and red pepper and mince garlic. Heat canola oil over medium heat then add garlic, onion, red pepper, and corn and sauté for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place rinsed and dried black beans in a deep bowl. Using back of fork, mash about half the beans and leave half whole. Then add pumpkin, sautéed vegetable mixture, chipotle peppers, pecans, bread crumbs, and cumin. Mix well until all ingredients are combined to desired consistency. Note, if mixture is too dry you can add a little more pumpkin. Using hands, form into four large patties and refrigerate.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Brush grill with canola oil, then place burgers on the grill. Cook for approximately 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove and serve immediately on your favorite roll. Top with avocado spread, fresh roasted tomato, caramelized onion, or your favorite burger toppings. Garnish with kosher dill pickles.