As animal lovers, there is nothing that gets our hearts racing like the sight of an animal in need. No matter what we’re doing, if we’re already late for work, have an important call to make or really anything, we will drop it all to stop and lend a hand. It’s just what we do!

Which is why we can completely sympathize with Imgur user Honeyflowers.

Honeyflowers was out walking when they spotted this…

6tCJw81

Clearly, this scene looks terrible. The cat must have been hit by a car in the parking lot and is in desperate need of medical attention. Honeyflowers rushed over.

YJZeCyd

…Only to find that the poor, injured cat was really just lying on top of dried red paint splatters. In typical cat fashion, he seemed more upset that he had been woken up from his nap than the apparent panic in the human before him.

QnCYEFc

Yes, the cat was very much alive. But hey, we totally would have done the exact same thing!

“Wellp, looks like I’m gonna need a new snooze spot…”

sJDzEgb

All image source: Honeyflowers/Imgur

What Is Wrong With the World? Annual Festival Where Turkeys Are Dropped From Airplanes Begins Again…

Danone’s Profits Spiked by $760 Million Thanks to Their New Dairy-Free Brands!

We Did It! Hank the Pit Bull Is Free Thanks to Community Outpouring

New Grubhub Data Shows Vegan Orders Have Increased by 20% in Just 1 Year!

0 comments on “Kind Stranger Ran to the Rescue of a Bleeding Cat and Got a HUGE Surprise (PHOTOS)”

Kate

It does look bad from afar.

pym

poor dirty little boy.. i still would have taken him home

Barbara Chapman
06 Mar 2017

Because he is lying outside in the sun doesn\'t mean he has no home.

julie

ok he\'s lying down on the job again ha ha

Lavelle

I was expecting to find that the cat had kittens and that was the "blood" they saw. Great ending.

Gloria Lopez

Oh wow, that little stinker. I was feeling sorry for the fur baby and wasn\'t sure if I would be able to finish reading the article. Then it was paint not blood. Thank goodness this one has a wonderful and funny ending to it as so many do not.
Thank you Honeyflowers for caring enough to check on the kitty.

KB

I\'ve owned cats my entire life and I have NEVER seen a cat lay out in the open (except my own in my yard). I call jinks on this one.

moonlit
22 May 2015

My one cat decided that he would lay out just like this in the middle of our street one day so yes it is possible. I am so glad my cat no longer does this.

Barbara Chapman
06 Mar 2017

My neighbours cat does it all the time in good weather, he has obviously worked out that everyone has to either walk around him or stop and make a fuss of him, which most of the people around where I live do.

gaynor henry

ROFL - we have dogs and cats at home, a couple are getting on in years and have some health issues. If they are sleeping a little too peacefully, I poke them and get a similar look for my troubles...I hope this doesn\'t deter Honeyflowers from doing teh right thing. Great story, made me smile.

Cindy Mattera

I hope this person who saw the cat took him in off the streets!!! He needs to be safe and indoors!

Kim B.
21 May 2015

Cindy, I was thinking the exact same thing. (Next time he could end up run over in the parking lot.)

Cindy Bubeck
21 May 2015

Me three. Take him home!! Keep him safe!!!

Michael B.

Crazy cat!

kate

Typical cat behavior haha! But phew, my heart jumped when I saw this.
Sweet baby.