Quick, Auntie Clara’s coming around and you want to make the house smell great (she’s really not one who’s afraid to comment that it’s smelly and a bit musty)! What do you reach for? Is it a spray? A candle? A wall plug-in? Or reed diffusers? Did you know that all of these can potentially be dangerous?

Air freshener sprays and plug-ins, which are used by 75 percent of American families, usually contain phthalates, a potentially dangerous chemical (which was banned from cosmetics in the UK). The National Resources Defense Council tested 14 air sprays off the shelf in Walgreens, including those labeled “all-natural” and “unscented” and found that 12 of the 14 tested positive for phthalates. A study of scented candles showed that frequently burning paraffin wax candles in poorly ventilated rooms could be dangerous because when burned they give off toluene and benzene, potential carcinogens. Reed diffusers, on the other hand, are often made with dipropylene glycol, an ingredient also used in antifreeze, which is dangerous to cats and dogs, or ethanol, and also pose a danger to small children if they ingest the liquid or get it in their eyes.

Don’t fear, Green Monsters, because it’s easy to make your house smell great without any nasty chemicals, using ingredients you likely have in your house right now!

1. Open a Window and Catch the Breeze

The simplest trick is to simply open a window or door and let some fresh air in, especially when the weather is nice. Sunlight also helps kill smells, so let some light in when it’s sunny out.

2. Boil Cinnamon

This is a super easy method which works just as well as a room spray, doesn’t contain any dangerous additives, is cheap and doesn’t involve going out and buying anything (assuming you’ve got cinnamon in your house). Simply add a couple of cinnamon sticks or sprinkling of cinnamon to a saucepan full of water, and bring to a boil. Simmer for a few minutes until the smell disperses throughout your home. If you’ve got a large house, you can even carefully carry the pan around to different rooms and let the smell evaporate in each room for a bit.

3. Clean With Fruit

Did you know you can clean with lemon juice? You can use it to clean the shower and remove soap scum and limescale, as well as combine lemons with baking soda to clean the toilet, and leave your house smelling lemony and fresh!

4. Make Your Own Room Spray

You can make a super easy air freshener spray out of lime juice, water and baking soda, which neutralizes smells and will leave your house smelling great! It’s not expensive to make and it’s completely natural.

5. Bake Something

Bake some delicious cookies, brownies or cake, and your house will not only smell great for any guests you’re having over, but you also get the bonus of having cookies or cake to eat!

6. Flowers

Buy a bouquet of flowers and leave them on your counter, dining room table or coffee table – not only are they pretty to look at, but they will also make the room smell great!

7. Grind Coffee

Buy coffee beans (preferably organic and fair-trade) and grind them yourself – not only does it taste better, but it will make your house smell fantastic, too.

8. Make Herb Sachets

Get some small cotton or mulin bags and fill them with your favorite dried herbs, flowers and spices, and place in drawers to make your clothes smell good, instead of buying artificially scented drawer/closet scent diffusers.

9. Other Things to Make Yourself

Although you may need to go out and buy some new ingredients, you can also make your own reed diffuser oil and candles at home. For reed diffuser oil, add a few drops of your favorite scent of essential oil (being careful not to let essential oil touch your bare skin) to a carrier oil like almond oil, then put in a narrow-necked glass bottle with reeds. Make sure you keep it out of reach of small children and pets. To make your own soy candles, follow this guide here.

Image source: Spotlight on Cinnamon: Health Benefits, Tips + Recipes

Looking for a Plastic-Free, Cruelty-Free Sponge? Why Not Grow Your Own!

Learn About the Amazing Luffa Gourd and Grow Your Own Sponges

The Benefits of Using Organic and Natural Skincare

The Benefits of Using Organic and Natural Skincare

5 Ways to Naturally Protect Wood From Water Damage

5 Ways of Naturally Protecting Wood from Water Damage

5 DIY Alternatives to Conventional Hair Sprays, Mousses, and Gels

lemon

58 comments on “9 Hacks to Make Your House Smell Great Without Any Dangerous Chemicals”

Mr simon
15 Hours ago

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works
Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked Atm card??
Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

Order for a blank Atm card now and get millions within a week!: contact me
via email address: simonphilip2050@gmail.com

We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
services, i am here for you anytime any day.

Here is our lists for the ATM CARDS:

Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day
Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day
Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day
Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day
Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day

make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact me via
email address:: simonphilip2050@gmail.com

Williams
4 Days ago

BEST WAY TO HAVE GOOD AMOUNT TO START A GOOD BUSINESS or TO START LIVING A GOOD LIFE..... Hack and take money directly from any ATM Machine Vault with the use of ATM Programmed Card which runs in automatic mode. email (williamshackers@hotmail.com) for how to get it and its cost . .......... EXPLANATION OF HOW THESE CARD WORKS.......... You just slot in these card into any ATM Machine and it will automatically bring up a MENU of 1st VAULT $1,000, 2nd VAULT $5,000, RE-PROGRAMMED, EXIT, CANCEL. Just click on either of the VAULTS, and it will take you to another SUB-MENU of ALL, OTHERS, EXIT, CANCEL. Just click on others and type in the amount you wish to withdraw from the ATM and you have it cashed instantly... Done. ***NOTE: DON\'T EVER MAKE THE MISTAKE OF CLICKING THE "ALL" OPTION. BECAUSE IT WILL TAKE OUT ALL THE AMOUNT OF THE SELECTED VAULT. email (williamshackers@hotmail.com). We are located in New York, USA

sandra john
10 Days ago

I was just going through some blog online when I met a testimony of this BLANK ATM CARD made by H.A.C TECH (rameeshj.86@gmail.com) I contacted that very address and I got one at an imaginable rate.(compared to what the card carries,the rate is minimal) At first I thought,it was gonna be some scam or something. But when I got the card I could get nothing less that $10,000 in a day. (ten thousand usd). Here is the testimony I saw; “Its the programmed ATM card that can hack into all ATM machines. Its works with any currency and in any country where you might be living. Its is programmed in a way that when transaction is carried out with the card ,it can’t be traced. To make use of this card ,you need no account number or even pin of anyone. Its simple because there is a manual attatched that teaches usage ,and also give more explanation concerning the card.” So friends,its a new year and a new beginning. If you need funds to start up some busines,pay up bills and loans or money to live a good life? Then you gat to make this opportunity yours. Though is illegal as you and I know ,but since government can’t satisfy my whole needs, I have to do what I have to do,to get what I want and for my family to be happy..Though this post is not for everybody,but for those who truly need change from a poor state to a wealthy life. A way to say happy new year to you and you out there. address once more is rameeshj.86@gmail.com …….
and you can open the link bellow in youtube to see how this is real working

walter
11 Days ago

Engr Thomas hacker is the real hackers,his programmed ATM card work in any machine around the world.It all happen when i was broke because i lost my job and i could not pay my bills,life was so frustrating that i could not think of what to do to earn money. So I browse the internet and i saw a comment about Engr Michael Blank ATM card that can withdraw money from any ATM machine and i decide to give it a try.I got my already programmed and blanked ATM card to withdraw the maximum of $5000 daily. I am so happy about this because i got mine a month ago and I have been able to withdraw close to $78,000. Engr Thomas is giving out the card just to help the poor and needy though it is illegal but it is something nice and he is not like other scam pretending to have the ATM cards. And no one gets caught when using the card. The card is programmed in a way that is not traceable so get yours from him. Just send him an email on (thomasatmhacker@gmail.com) call and text him +14249038420 and be happy like Me.

jeffery
11 Days ago

PLEASE READ!!!! I know this might sounds crazy to everyone and seems too good to be true, but i am a living testimony to others who commented about this great hackers called Cindy. I was in search of loan to enhance my business when i got scammed 4 times by fake lenders who claimed to be loan lenders, i was so doomed that i got worse in debts that i was evacuated from my home secondary to the fact that i was unable to pay my bills. My business fold up that i could not even feed my family and i had no one to run to nor was ready to help, so i ran to the pastor for shelter with my family which he wholeheartedly received us. One morning i was on the internet trying to give it a try if i could get in touch with the real loan lenders so i could get back on my feet, i came across a comment of so many people thanking the great ATM HACKERS WORLD WIDE name cindy for giving them a blank ATM card that can withdrawn the sum of $5,000.00 per day. I found this too good to be true but due to my present condition, i decided to give it a try so i sent a mail to cindytedder767@yahoo.com and two days later i got a response and was told the procedures needed before getting the card thus i agreed i still find its too good to be true, so i proceeded in giving them what they required and i was shocked when i got a call from the courier three days later that i have a parcel in their possession which belongs to me and i was wondering what it was before this hackers gave me a call and told me that they got a mail from the courier that my parcel has been delivered so i rushed down to their office and i got my parcel and on getting home, i found out that is was my blank card,. so headed for the ATM machine The blank ATM withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on .and i almost passed out when i heard the machines counting and dispensed the sum of $5,000.00 Instant and now i have $60,000,00 . I pray if am dreaming, i don\'t ever want to wake up because i know that this still sounds too good but its the truth & am a living testimony that\'s why i decided to take my time to share my testimony to any one who might be interested She is giving it out for free to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught Cindy\'s email address is cindytedder767@yahoo.com

K
11 Days ago

You are welcome to our online hacking services.We encourage you to try this life transforming deal and be rich forever without any trace. OUR SERVICES We are professional carding team with a large ring around the globe.With over 2 million ATM infected with our malware and skimmers,we can grab card data which include track 1 and track 2 with the card pin.We in turn clone this cards using the grabbed data into real ATM cards which can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swiped at stores and POS.We sell these cards to all our customers and interested buyers worlwide,the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $25,000 on ATM and $10,000 spending limit in stores.Contact us now at (excelatmhackers@outlook.com)

USA ATM HACKERS
13 Days ago

This page provides the latest hacking news, exploits and vulnerabilities long description for ethical hackers. We emphasize devotion to creative growth and the fostering of professional relationships with the welcoming staff. You can start making $5000.00 per day without getting caught and you can also use this opportunity to shop online!! Welcome to GHOST HACKING FOUNDATION! G.H F Hackers are professional hackers for hire that provides professional hacking services We clone this cards using the grabbed data into real ATM cards which can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe at stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5000 on any ATM and its loaded up the range of $50,000.00 - $20,000,000.00 United State Dollars spending limit.If you’re interested in buying ATM Blank Cards, Credit Cards or CVV or Dumps then contact us: ghosthackingfoundation.hk@gmail.com
Tel: 917-832-1009

FRANK
13 Days ago

PLEASE READ!!!!
Hello Guys,i am a living testimony of this great work !!!Am so happy I got mine from Esther. My blank ATM card can withdraw $4,000 daily. I got it from Her last week and now I have $12,000 for free. The blank ATM withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on .I am really happy i met Esther because i met two people before her and they took my money not knowing that they were scams. But am happy now. Esther sent the card through DHL and i got it in two days. Get your own card from her now she is not like other scammer pretending to have the ATM card,She is giving it out for free to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught. im grateful to Esther because she changed my story all of a sudden . The card works in all countries except Philippines, Mali and Nigeria. Esther\'s email address is estherhadas339@yahoo.com

Maria Alex
25 Days ago

I got my already programmed and blanked ATM card to
withdraw the maximum of $25,000 MONTHLY for a maximum of 12 MONTHS. I am so happy about this because i got mine last week
and I have used it to get $150,000 already. Georg Bednorz Hackers is giving
out the card just to help the poor and needy though it is illegal but it
is something nice and he is not like other scam pretending
to have the blank ATM cards. And no one gets caught when
using the card. get yours from Georg Bednorz Hackers today! Just send an email
to georgbednorzhackers@gmail.com

Reeta
06 Mar 2017

Hello friend, i want to share my testimony on how i got my BLANK ATM card which have change my life today. i was once living on the street where by things were so hard for me, even to pay off my bills was very difficult for me i have to park off my apartment and start sleeping on the street of Vegas. i tried all i could do to secure a job but all went in vain because i was from the black side of America. so i decided to browse through on my phone for jobs online where i got an advert on Hackers advertising a Blank ATM card which can be used to hack any ATM Machine all over the world, i never thought this could be real because most advert on the internet are based on fraud, so i decided to give this a try and look where it will lead me to if it can change my life for good. i contacted this hackers and they told me they are from Australia and also they have branch all over the world in which they use in developing there ATM CARDS, this is real and not a scam it have help me out. to cut the story short this men who were geeks and also experts at ATM repairs, programming and execution who taught me various tips and tricks about breaking into an ATM Machine with a Blank ATM card.i applied for the Blank ATM card and it was delivered to me within 3 days and i did as i was told to and today my life have change from a street walker to my house, there is no ATM MACHINES this BLANK ATM CARD CANNOT penetrate into it because it have been programmed with various tools and software before it will be send to you. my life have really change and i want to share this to the world, i know this is illegal but also a smart way of living Big because the government cannot help us so we have to help our self. if you also want this BLANK ATM CARD i want you to contact the Hackers email on jefferywilliam07@gmail.com or you call him on +2349059897314

jose
06 Mar 2017

PLEASE READ!!!! Hello Guys,This is a Life Time transformation !!!Am so happy I got mine from JEFFERY. My blank ATM card can withdraw $2,000 daily. I got it from Him last week and now I have $8,000 for free. The blank ATM withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on .I am really happy i met Elizabeth because i met two people before her and they took my money not knowing that they were scams. But am happy now. JEFFERY sent the card through DHL and i got it in two days. Get your own card from her now she is not like other scammer pretending to have the ATM card,She is giving it out for free to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught. im grateful to JEFFERY because she changed my story all of a sudden . The card works in all countries except Philippines, Mali and Nigeria. JEFFERY email address is (jefferywilliam07@gmail.com).

Mr simon

2017 BLANK ATM CARD
HACK ATM AND BECOME RICH TODAY
You can hack and break into a bank\'s security ATM Machine without carrying
guns or any weapon. How is this possible? First of all we have to learn
about the manual hacking of ATM MACHINES and BANKING ACCOUNTS HOW THE ATM
MACHINE WORKS. If you have been to the bank you find out that the money in
the ATM MACHINE is being filled right inside the house where the machine is
built with enough security.tohack this machine We have develop the special
blank ATM Card which you can use in any ATM Machine around the world. this
card is been programmed and can withdraw 5000 USD within 24 hours in any
currency your country make use of there is no ATM MACHINES this BLANK ATM

CARD CANNOT penetrate into it because it have been programmed with various
tools and software before it will be send to you. The card will make the
security camera malfunction at that particular time until you are done with
the transaction you can never be trace. it also has a technique that makes
it impossible for the CCTVs to detect you, there are so many other hacker
out there whom claim to be real you have to be very careful they can never
create this card all they want is your money. no ATM card can be able to
withdraw $50.000 usd each day that is imposible, getting the card you will
forward the company your address details so we can proceed to send the card
to you once you agree to the terms and conditions. you can contact us on
email now via:simonphilip2050@gmail.com
BEST WAY TO HAVE GOOD AMOUNT TO START A GOOD BUSINESS or TO START LIVING A
GOOD LIFE

PAUL
16 Mar 2017

PLEASE READ!!

PAUL
16 Mar 2017

PLEASE READ!!
Hey Guys!!!I am Paul i live in Florida USA, Am so happy I got mine from Annie. My blank ATM card can withdraw $3,000 daily. I got it from Her last week and now I have $9,000 for free. The blank ATM withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it because it is blank just your PIN will be on it , it is not traceable and now i have money for business,shopping and enough money for me and my family to live on .I am really glad and happy i met Annie because i met Five persons before her and they took my money not knowing that they were scams. But am happy now. Annie sent the card through DHL and i got it in two days. Get your own card from her right now she is not like other scammer pretending to have the Blank ATM card,She is giving it out for free to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught or traced . im happy and grateful to Annie because she changed my story all of a sudden .The card works in all countries that is the good news Annie\'s email address is anniemellor233@yahoo.com..,