This creamy gingerbread mousse requires just FIVE minutes of prep and ONE bowl to make! This mousse is the perfect blend of spicy, sweet flavors all presented in a light, fluffy wrapping. Dessert doesn’t get much simpler than this.
Gingerbread Mousse [Vegan]
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon, 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon, 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon tsp allspice
- Pour coconut cream into a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, stir in syrup, molasses and vanilla.
- Add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice; stir until everything is combined. If it's slightly liquid-y, it will turn mousse-like once refrigerated.
- Pour mixture into two glasses and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Top generously with vegan whipped cream!
If you're making this in the summertime when it's warm, you may need to refrigerate the coconut cream for a couple hours before making because the cream will be too liquid-y. If you're making this in the fall or winter, there won't be as much liquid and, therefore, it should be mostly hardened.