Your family will eat these fried biscuits before they can be properly plated! Super easy and delicious, these fried biscuits are a wonderful sweet snack or dessert!
Fried Biscuits with Cinnamon and Sugar [Vegan]
- 1 small can of five biscuits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- oil for frying (I used sunflower oil)
- Cut each biscuit into eight pieces. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together.
- Prepare a baking tray with paper towels.
- Cover the bottom of a heavy skillet or saucepan with about a half inch of oil. Heat over medium high heat until shimmering.
- Work in batches and carefully drop 8 to 10 pieces into the hot oil.
- They will puff and may float a little bit. Turn them over with a fork.
- When both sides are nice and golden, transfer to the paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with or roll in the cinnamon sugar
- Repeat until all the biscuit pieces are cooked.
- To make the cones, cut a piece of parchment paper into 5 inch squares (or something close, you don’t have to be exact). Form into a cone and fold the tip up to close the bottom. Secure it in place with a little tape if you like.