This cake is super easy to make. It's also raw, vegan, gluten-free, low in fat and high in fruit. Yay for life/fruit. Essentially it's a smoothie in the form of an ice cream cake. If that concept makes it unappealing to you, forget I said it. But if you are like me, a smoothie cake only sounds more enticing. We've got a chocolate crust followed by banana blueberry ice cream infused with fresh ginger aaaand vanilla. I topped it off with more blueberries plus some brazil nuts. Did ya know: eating a couple brazil nuts errday gives you all the selenium you need (for the day)? Plant power, man.
Blueberry Banana Ice Cream Cake With Ginger and Carob [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
1 6 inch cake
Ingredients You Need for Blueberry Banana Ice Cream Cake With Ginger and Carob [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup gooey dates
- 2 heaping tablespoons carob powder
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peeled bananas
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon chunk peeled ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla bean pod
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped brazil nuts
- 1/3 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
How to Prepare Blueberry Banana Ice Cream Cake With Ginger and Carob [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- Grind the groats into flour in a high speed blender. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend (or use a food processor) until it comes together in a ball. Press into the bottom of a lined 6-inch springform pan.
- Blend all the ingredients together until it gets to the consistency of soft serve ice cream. I like to scoop it out when there's still pieces of white and purple ice cream. It's more interesting to look at. Scoop this onto your crust and even it out with a spatula. Decorate with some more blueberries plus brazil nuts and put in the freezer for 20-30 minutes until you can cut it. Cut it. Eat it. Nom.
You can use vanilla extract instead of vanilla bean pod; use coconut, seeds, nuts or oats instead of buckwheat groats; use cacao or cocoa instead of carob; use ginger powder instead of fresh ginger.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.