With over 3,000 career first-place wins and earnings of well over $3 million, Bob Baffert is well known in the world of horse racing. However, in the past 12 months, 5 of the horses he trains have tested positive for drugs used to mask injuries and improve performance. For Baffert’s career, 31 of his horses have tested positive for drugging.
Source: NBC Sports/Youtube
At least 74 horses have died in Baffert’s care in his home state of California since 2000, reported the Washington Post. Factoring in the number of races run in California, Baffert’s horses have died at the highest rate of the 10 trainers who have had the most horse deaths. Sign this petition and demand that the National Thoroughbred Racing Association ban Bob Baffert from ever training another horse!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Ban Debarking Procedures Now
- Shut down ABQ BioPark for letting baby elephants die
- Demand that Los Angeles end pony rides
- Demand that the EPA cut air pollution
- Investigate Southern Baptist Leaders for sexual abuse
- Stop imprisoning women who have miscarriages
- Impeach Justice Clarence Thomas for Lying Under Oath
- Tell congress to pass affordable housing legislation
- Expel the Congressmen who tried to get Trump pardons for their role on Jan 6th
- Demand Trump testify for January 6th committee
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!