Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Oregon just became the seventh state to stand up against the abusive puppy-mill-to-pet-store pipeline. The governor of the coastal state just signed two critical bills into law: one which bans the sale of puppies and kittens in pet stores and another which bans cosmetics testing on animals.
Those of us who believe animals deserve rights and protections have been fighting for laws like these for years, and now, we’re winning. It’s time to keep the pressure up and urge all remaining U.S. states to follow suit! Please sign this petition if you believe these animals deserve rights and protection all across the country!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Urge Authorities to Investigate HCA Healthcare
- Petition: Tell American Airlines to Review Company Policy About Breastfeeding
- Petition: Help Pardon Woman Who Gave Her Daughter Abortion Pills
- Petition: Help Save Maui’s Animals and Help Restore the Island’s Natural Harmony
- Petition: Urge Authorities to Research Mysterious Whale Deaths in Australia
- Petition: Help End Commercial Whaling in Iceland
- Petition: Help Save the Prairie-Chicken and Northern Long-Eared Bat
- Petition: Demand the European Commission Uphold the Ban on the Use of Animals in Cosmetics Testing
- Petition: Demand Pennsylvania Ban Exotic Animal Ownership
- Petition: Tell Craigslist to Close the Animal Rehoming Loophole
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!