Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A “pawsome” DIY duo is taking TikTok by storm. Nala is a one-year-old Basenji. These dogs are famous for their “barkless” vocalizations. Instead of typical barks, Basenjis have special vocal structures that cause them to make yodeling-like noises instead.
Not only does Nala not bark, but it seems she is also pretty handy around the house! In a video posted to the TikTok account @katiebenno97, the pup can be seen appearing to help her human out with his DIY home improvement project. As Napa’s dad lays the patio tile, the young dog appears curious about what he is doing. After watching him for a few moments, she reaches out her paw and appears to help him with the hammer he is wielding. The DIY Duo works together to finish laying the tile. Teamwork at its finest!
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to adopt instead of shop. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Ultimate Pet Parent Builds a DIY Air-Conditioned Bed for His Dog
- Dachshund Dad Builds DIY Water Treadmill to Help Pup Recover from Surgery
- Dog’s Hilarious “Revenge” on Human Goes Viral
- Handy Cat Helps Human with DIY in Hilarious Video
- Video of Cat ‘Micromanaging’ Human Dad’s DIY Goes Viral
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!