This is a flavor-bursting and nutrient-dense treat from Thrive Foods.
Sour Cream and Onion Kale Chips
This Recipe is :
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, presoaked
- 35 minutes
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1⁄4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 bunch kale
- Combine the soaked cashews, water, onion powder, garlic powder, vinegar, salt, and parsley in a blender and process until smooth, stopping the machine and scraping down the sides if needed (this may take several minutes). Set aside.
- Wash the kale to remove any grit, then carefully dry the leaves. Strip the leaves into a bowl, roughly tearing any large pieces. Discard the stems. Pour the creamed mixture on top of the kale, using a small spatula or spoon to remove the mixture from the blender. Using clean hands, massage the mixture into the kale for 1 minute to evenly coat the leaves.
- Heat the oven to 250°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, then
- spread the kale chips over the sheets, as evenly and flatly as possible, to ensure even cooking time. Bake between 1 1⁄2 and 2 hours (time varies according to the dryness of the kale), tossing halfway through the baking, until the kale has dried out and is crispy but not burnt. Keep a close eye on the kale at the end of its cooking process, and remove any premature crispy chips from the batch if needed. Enjoy immediately or keep in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Warm the dehydrator to 115°F. Spread the kale onto 4 mesh dehydrator sheets,
- and dehydrate for 10–12 hours, or until crispy (time will vary depending on relative humidity).
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS