Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Will the lion spent the last 13 years of his life in a Brazillian circus. Although wild animal circus bans do exist on a local level in Brazil, sadly many animals continue to be abused and exploited in these cruel attractions. Will was one of these animals and the impact of living in a cramped, fetid cage took a major toll on his well-being.
Thankfully, after over a decade of suffering, Will was rescued by Rancho do Gnomos. This amazing organization is a safe haven for domestic, wild, and exotic animals who have been abused or neglected. Most of the animals in the sanctuary’s care come from captivity backgrounds, so the staff was more than prepared to help Will adjust to his newfound freedom.
In this video, Will steps onto the grass for the first time in years! Seeming to understand that he will never have to suffer in a small cage again, Will makes himself right at home. It’s a shame it took him 13 years of suffering to reach this point, but we are so pleased to see him finally taste freedom!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!