Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Believe it or not, conventional toilet paper has a huge negative effect on our environment.
The average American goes through 141 pounds of toilet paper a year, which is the highest recorded individual consumption of TP globally! Not to mention that most toilet paper is made with virgin wood pulp, which means that trees are cut down specifically to be turned into toilet paper. Not only is this extremely wasteful, but the majority of toilet paper brands contain harmful chemicals such as chlorine bleach.
Luckily, TikToker @Mostlyecomorgan shared a small but powerful way you can be kinder to the earth!
@mostlyecomorgan What sustainable toilet paper option would you try? #sustainableliving #ecotips ♬ original sound – Mostlyecomorgan
Instead of buying conventional toilet paper, try opting for more eco-friendly options like reusable cloth, 100% recycled, or bamboo toilet paper that are free of any kind of bleach, fragrances, colorings, or pesticides. Bidets are also a great option if you’re committed to saving the planet. Not only do these alternatives work just as well but they are a lot kinder to the environment!
Living sustainably isn’t about perfection. It’s about examining your daily life and being mindful of how you can implement small changes that will be kinder to the earth.
For more sustainable life hacks, follow Morgan on TikTok!
- Better Toilet Habits to Adopt in 2022
- 7 Ways to Make Your Bathroom More Eco-Friendly
- Simple Tips for a Waste-Free Bathroom
- 8 DIY Bathroom Cleaners: From Tub Scrubs and Tile Grout Cleaners to Streak-Free Mirrors!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!