I cannot get over how amazing tomatoes are when you drizzle them with some extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper, and allow them to dry in the sun, dehydrator, or oven. They become flavor EXPLOSIONS that are the very essence of the best pizza you've ever eaten. Trust me. But wait - don't trust me. Find out for yourself by doing it. You will not be sorry. They taste so delicious that all you need to do to make a meal is throw them on some noodles. Bam. You just made a mind-blowing tasty dinner that everyone will be jealous of. If they aren't envious, then they are definitely missing their sense of sight or smell.
Zucchini Spaghetti With Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Basil [Vegan]
- 2 large zucchinis
- 1 cup dried tomatoes in extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper, lemon juice, other spices you like
- 1/2 cup basil leaves (whole or chopped)
- To make the noodles: slice the zucchinis into noodles on a spiral slicer, mandolin or even cheese grater. Set aside in a large bowl.
- To make the sauce: blend up half the tomatoes into paste then mash up the rest of the tomatoes with the olive oil and the rest of the ingredients and mix everything into your noodles. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes and mix again. Serve.
the tomatoes are gonna need to taste *amazing* before you even add them to the noodles and stuff because they are the star of this recipe, so try to get organic or even better - use your own!