I eat these pancakes often in the summer when zucchini and basil flourish in the garden. And while you can serve them with a dollop of your favorite plant-based sour cream, I usually eat them as they are, with a salad or brown rice. They are creamy all on their own and don’t need much help in the flavor department.
Zucchini, Corn and Red Pepper Pancakes [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Zucchini, Corn and Red Pepper Pancakes [Vegan]
- 2 medium zucchini, grated (about 3 cups)
- 6 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups corn, fresh or frozen
- ½ large red bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder sea salt and black pepper to taste
How to Prepare Zucchini, Corn and Red Pepper Pancakes [Vegan]
- Grate the zucchini on the large holes of a box grater. Place the grated zucchini in a bowl with the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Drop 1/2-cup measures of the zucchini mixture onto the heated skillet. Cook them for 4 minutes without touching them. Gently turn them over and cook the other side for 3 minutes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.