I eat these pancakes often in the summer when zucchini and basil flourish in the garden. And while you can serve them with a dollop of your favorite plant-based sour cream, I usually eat them as they are, with a salad or brown rice. They are creamy all on their own and don’t need much help in the flavor department.
Zucchini, Corn and Red Pepper Pancakes [Vegan]
- 2 medium zucchini, grated (about 3 cups)
- 6 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups corn, fresh or frozen
- ½ large red bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Grate the zucchini on the large holes of a box grater. Place the grated zucchini in a bowl with the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Drop 1/2-cup measures of the zucchini mixture onto the heated skillet. Cook them for 4 minutes without touching them. Gently turn them over and cook the other side for 3 minutes.