Slightly sweet zucchini, fresh carrot, and cheesy nutritional yeast come together in this delicious and fluffy bread. Made with quinoa flour it's not as dense as regular bread. Since it's not as heavy, these slices are a great salad accompaniment.
Zucchini Carrot Slices [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Zucchini Carrot Slices [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon chia or flaxseed, ground
- 7-ounce package of firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons tahini (optional)
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1/2 of 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- A dash of non-dairy milk
How to Prepare Zucchini Carrot Slices [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 355°F.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the ground chia or flax with 1 tablespoon water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, whizz tofu and tahini until smooth. Add a dash of non-dairy milk, if needed, to make the mixture smoother.
- In a large bowl, combine the tofu mixture with the rest of the ingredients. Mix gently until combined.
- Spread mixture into baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until it is set in the middle. Remove from oven.
- When the bread has cooled down a bit, cut into slices and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.