Creamy, cheesy goodness and spicy jalapeños wrapped up in a crispy wonton wrap. These jalapeño poppers are a ridiculously easy appetizer to make that are sure to please any crowd. You can fry them until golden brown or bake them, if you're looking to cut back on oil.
Wonton Jalapeño Poppers [Vegan]
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese, softened/room temp
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese (optional)
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella cheese or any other blend, shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2-4 jalapeño peppers, diced (if you don't like it spicy, take out the seeds)
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 12-ounce package vegan Wonton wrappers (found in refrigerated area at the store)
- Mix all ingredients together and use a teaspoon to scoop the dip onto the middle of each wonton.
- Moisten the edges of the wonton with a little bit of water. Fold the triangle in half and press to seal, removing air from the inside. Be sure to close any areas where the filling could be exposed to air Repeat, setting aside on a plate.
- Place into a preheated deep fryer, cooking a few at a time for a few minutes each, until golden brown. Take out and place on paper towel to drain excess grease. You can also bake at 350°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.