This easy batch cocktail looks and tastes like the holidays. It couldn’t be easier to make: all the ingredients are simply mixed in a pitcher and that’s it. Made with white wine, festive red and green apples, cranberries, cinnamon sticks, fresh rosemary, velvet Falernum—a spiced Caribbean liqueur with hints of cloves—and a splash of vodka or white rum for that extra holiday kick.
Winter Sangria [Vegan]
- 1/2 green apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 red apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3-ounces velvet Falernum liqueur
- 5-ounces vodka or white rum
- 2 bottles (750ml each) dry white wine of your choice
- Place the chopped apples in a large pitcher (at least 2 quart size), then add the cranberries, rosemary, and cinnamon sticks.
- Pour in the velvet Falernum and vodka or rum, then add both bottles of wine and stir to combine.
- Cover with a lid or plastic wrap, and let steep for at least 4 hours, preferably up to 24 to fully infuse the flavor.
- Serve chilled, with a sprig of rosemary in each glass and ice if desired, and enjoy!
Velvet Falernum is a Caribbean liqueur often used in tiki cocktails, flavored with cloves, almond, and lime zest. It’s available at many liquor stores. If you cannot find it, feel free to substitute non-alcoholic Falernum syrup, which is available in stores and online. For the apples, one sour variety (granny smith) and one sweet (honeycrisp) were used, but feel free to use your favorite kinds.