Have you ever wanted to indulge your loved ones with a healthier version of their favorite greasy takeaway meal? Well, it’s a heck of a lot easier now, thanks to this awesome recipe for whole wheat pizza dough.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup + 3 teaspoons water
- Scant 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Scant 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten flour
- 1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
If Using a Bread-Maker:
- Add ingredients in the order listed, making a well for the yeast in the top of the flour.
- Set machine to "pizza dough" and walk away!
- Split finished pizza dough ball in two.
If Making by Hand:
- Mix yeast with (warm) water in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour, gluten flour and salt to bowl.
- Mix it by hand until it starts to clump together.
- Put the remaining 1/2 cup of flour on a clean, flat surface, place the dough on top and knead by hand for at least 8-10 minutes until all the extra flour has been incorporated and the dough becomes smooth.
- Put it into an oiled bowl (covered) in a warm place for about an hour to rise.
- Punch it down, split it in half, and let rise again (uncovered) for about 45 minutes.
Once Dough is Ready:
- Roll out your pizza dough to fit your pizza tray, and top with desired toppings (or leave it plain).
- Cook in a hot (392°F) oven for 15 to 25 minutes until ready.
- Whole Wheat