What do you get when you mix a rich and creamy cheesecake with a moist, chocolatey brownie? An incredible dessert! The brownies are made with whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, and vanilla, and the cheesecake is the perfect amount of sweet. Pair these with a glass of almond milk for a yummy anytime snack.
Whole Wheat Cheesecake Brownies [Vegan]
For the Brownies:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup, plus 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup water, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 flax eggs (1 tablespoon flax, plus 3 tablespoons water per "egg")
For the Cheesecake Mixture:
- Juice from 1 1/2 lemons
- 1 8-oz container of vegan cream cheese
- 1/3 cup of agave nectar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Add all dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Add wet ingredients and mix with a hand mixer or stand mixer until well combined.
- Mix the cheesecake ingredients with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Pour in the cheesecake mixture and mix until it is swirled into the brownie batter.
- Pour into a greased or oiled 9 by 9-inch baking pan or non-oiled silicon pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a knife or toothpick comes out clean.