What do you get when you mix a rich and creamy cheesecake with a moist, chocolatey brownie? An incredible dessert! The brownies are made with whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, and vanilla, and the cheesecake is the perfect amount of sweet. Pair these with a glass of almond milk for a yummy anytime snack.
Whole Wheat Cheesecake Brownies [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Whole Wheat Cheesecake Brownies [Vegan]
For the Brownies:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup, plus 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup water, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 flax eggs (1 tablespoon flax, plus 3 tablespoons water per "egg")
For the Cheesecake Mixture:
- Juice from 1 1/2 lemons
- 1 8-oz container of vegan cream cheese
- 1/3 cup of agave nectar
- 1/3 cup sugar
How to Prepare Whole Wheat Cheesecake Brownies [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Add all dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Add wet ingredients and mix with a hand mixer or stand mixer until well combined.
- Mix the cheesecake ingredients with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Pour in the cheesecake mixture and mix until it is swirled into the brownie batter.
- Pour into a greased or oiled 9 by 9-inch baking pan or non-oiled silicon pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a knife or toothpick comes out clean.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.