Want red velvet cake, but don't feel like getting involved in the entire cake-making process? Just make these red velvet cake pops that are done in just 20 minutes! These little bites of decadence are rich and chocolatey and colored naturally with puréed beets. A white chocolate coating stands in for cream cheese and a topping of sprinkles makes them festive and giftable.
White Chocolate Red Velvet Cake Pops [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or 5-7 drops of chocolate flavored stevia
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup roasted puréed beets
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- 16 cake pop sticks
- Preheat your cake pop maker. Sift together flour, cacao, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together room temperature almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Allow to sit for 1 minute to curdle. Add coconut sugar, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and puréed beets. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture and beat until combined. Pour batter into cake pop maker 1 tablespoon for each mould.
- Bake cupcakes for 3-5 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of the cake pop comes out clean. Place on cooling rack and cool completely. Insert cake pop stick into each once cooled.
- To make the white chocolate coating, melt the chips in a microwave-safe bowl or double boiler and set aside. Dip the cooled cake pops in the melted chocolate, top with sprinkles, and allow to cool in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Best enjoyed within 1-2 days.
- Beet Recipes