Muffins made from white beans? Yes, you heard that correctly! These perfectly spiced cinnamon muffins are made from white beans for some added nutrition, but you'd never be able to tell.
White Bean Cinnamon Muffins [Vegan]
- 1 ripe banana (crushed with a fork)
- 1 15-ounce can boiled white beans, washed and drained
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup favorite syrup (date, maple, etc.)
- 1/6 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2/3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of crushed cocoa beans (or other favorite crushed nuts)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Blend all the ingredients with a blender, except cocoa beans, which should be added at the end. Mix well. Transfer the mass to the muffin molds. This recipe made 9 muffins.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes. Muffins should be slightly soft. Before serving, they can be sprinkled with a small amount of icing sugar with cinnamon.