These flavourful and nutritious White Bean and Artichoke Patties are great for including in your weekend meal prep. Store them in the fridge and reheat them during the week for a quick lunch or dinner. You could also serve them as an appetizer when entertaining.
White Bean & Artichoke Patties [Vegan]
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 398 ml can Cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 4 artichoke hearts (from jar), diced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (good quality)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- Drain and rinse cannellini beans. Either mash with a fork in a large bowl or pulse them in a food processor. You want them to still have texture (not mushy).
- Finely dice red onion and mince garlic and add to bowl. Grate carrot and add to bowl.
- Place artichoke on a paper towel and squeeze gently to remove most of the moisture. Roughly chop and add to bowl. You will want to maintain some chunkiness for texture.
- Finely chop the spinach to make 1 cup. Using a tool such as a Microplane or zester, zest 1 tsp of lemon rind.
- Add the curry powder, salt, ground flaxseed, lemon zest, and spinach to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Stir gently until well combined.
- Evenly divide the mixture into 6 portions and form into patties. We like to use a large ice cream scoop with a spring for this. If using the ice cream scoop, the mixture will be level. Each patty is approximately 1/4 cup.
- Place olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Once heated, place patties in pan.
- Cook for about 7 minutes per side.
- These are well served with toppings such as tomato chutney or cashew sour cream. Also good served with a side salad or bowl of soup to complete a meal.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile