The great thing is that for this Vegetable Flatbread Tarte you’ll only need 10 basic ingredients, 30 minutes of your time and no special skills. It really is the perfect quick and easy, yet delicious lunch, dinner or brunch option! Essentially this recipe is very customizable. It’s loaded with veggies which can be changed or adjusted depending on what you have at home.
Vegetable Flatbread Tarte [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1/2 cup sparkling water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 3 peppers, diced (red, yellow, green)
- 1/2 small zucchini, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- handful of roasted pine nuts
- Place the flour, herbs and salt in a bowl and whisk through. Add the sparkling water and oil and knead into a ball. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over high heat. Add in your onions and cook for 2 minutes until golden brown. Add in the zucchini, bell peppers and garlic and cook another 3-4 minutes until soft. Add herbs, salt and pepper and baby spinach and cook another 3-5 minutes until the veggies are properly soft and all liquids have evaporated (this is important otherwise your crust with be soft).
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and use a rolling pin to spread the dough evenly on top. Use your fingers to create a slightly higher crust on the sides and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the veggies on top and spread evenly over the flatbread dough. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the flatbread is crispy. Take out of the oven and let cool down slightly before adding roasted pine nuts and serving.
- Whole Wheat