Not only is this curry is full of healthy nutrients from the plantains and veggies, it also contains good fats from the coconut milk. Give this vegetable curry with plantains a try and find out what it means to have a new favorite curry recipe.
Vegetable Curry With Plantains [Vegan]
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 onions
- 1 large plantain
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Seed the bell pepper, peel the onions. Chop both into coarse bits.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a saucepan. Add the bell pepper and onions and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, chickpeas, curry, and turmeric. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Peel the plantains and cut into slices. Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a frying pan and add the plantain slices. Fry on medium for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve the curry topped with the plantain slices.
Optional: serve with rice and pistachios.