You know those irresistible Girl Scout cookies? Well, here's my take on these Thin Mints, veganized!
Thin Mint Cookies [Vegan]
- scant 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour or gluten free flour. (Level 1/2 cup of flour, then remove 2 tablespoons worth)
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground golden flax seed
- 1/4 t. baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (use refined if you don’t want these cookies tasting like coconut)
- 2-3 drops food grade peppermint essential oil or 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1-2 drops food grade peppermint essential oil or 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Preheat your oven to 350º F.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl with a wire whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. This mixture will look more like cake batter than cookie dough, that’s okay!
- Measure out cookie dough with a teaspoon to make about 30 cookies. If your cookiesheet is big enough, they may all fit on the same sheet!
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on wire cooling rack for 10-15 minutes, they will become firm and crisp up as they cool.
- With a small flexible spatula, “ice” the cookies top and bottom with the melted chocolate, trying to get the sides as well, I used about a teaspoon of the chocolate per cookie.
- Put the cookies on parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet and refrigerate or freeze for 10-15 minutes to let the chocolate set up before serving. Keep the cookies refrigerated or frozen, as the chocolate may melt at room temperature.