Who said it had to be autumn for you to enjoy pumpkin? Try them in some vegan pancakes that are reminiscent of that classic autumn pie, using pumpkin puree.
Pumpkin Pie Pancakes [Vegan]
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2-3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups wholemeal plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spices (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves)
- organic, pure maple syrup to serve (optional)
- Heat a pan over medium heat with a little bit of oil sprayed in it.
- In a bowl, beat the sugar and pumpkin puree together, slowly pouring milk into the mixture. Add the flour, spices and baking powder and mix again until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the pan and form a pancake. When the top of the pancake starts to bubble and the sides are firm you can flip it (with the help of a spatula if necessary). Cook for a few minutes on the other side and then serve.
- Top with maple syrup and tuck in!