This vegan cream of mushroom soup is great on its own, or with a half sandwich or a salad. It’s also a great base for a hearty casserole. It’s so versatile! Add more vegetables or some beans to make it heartier too! Whatever you choose, this vegan cream of mushroom soup tastes amazing! You’re going to love it!
Cream of Mushroom Soup [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cream of Mushroom Soup [Vegan]
- 16 oz button mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for 4 hours
- 4 cups vegetable stock, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 tablespoon no-salt seasoning
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Ground paprika, for garnish
How to Prepare Cream of Mushroom Soup [Vegan]
- Heat a medium soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the diced onions and two tablespoons of vegetable stock and stir. Water saute the onions, adding small of amounts of veggie stock when needed to prevent sticking, for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add a little veggie stock if need, but the mushroom will add enough liquid you will probably not need to do this. Raise heat to high and add white wine, cook for five minutes stirring often.
- Add 4 cups of vegetable stock, dried thyme and no-salt seasoning to pot and stir. Cover and simmer on low-heat for 15 minutes.
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, puree soaked cashews (drained of water) and ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice. Add 1 cup of soup and puree until smooth and creamy. Slowly whisk in soup and cashew puree to the pot and stir.
- In a small bowl, add one tablespoon of flour. Whisk in 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable stock until smooth. Slowly whisk into soup and simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until desired thickness.
- Remove from heat and season with freshly ground pepper, to taste. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with ground paprika and fresh chopped parsley.
There are many brands of no-salt seasonings, so you might have to adjust the amounts you are using. For example, Mr's Dash has a lot of pepper, so I would not use 4 tablespoons in this soup. Use your intuition and season to taste.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 612 | Total Carbs: 55 g | Total Fat: 26 g | Total Protein: 22 g | Total Sodium: 2569 g | Total Sugar: 19 g Per Serving: Calories: 153 | Carbs: 14 g | Fat: 7 g | Protein: 6 g | Sodium: 642 mg | Sugar: 5 g Calculation not including garnishes or no-salt seasoning.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.