These vegan muffins are oil-free with peanut butter and double chocolate chips. Fresh, sweet raspberries stand in for the jelly and adds a nice surprise.
Chocolate Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins [Vegan]
- 1 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup xylitol sugar (I used Xyla brand)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 cup nut milk
- 1/3 cup chunky natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. peanut butter or vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly spray 12 muffin tins with oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the nut milk, peanut butter, vinegar and extract. Pour this into the dry ingredients and stir well. Stir in the chocolate chips and then gently fold in the raspberries.
- Divide the batter between the muffin tins and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let muffins cool for a while in the pan, then gently remove and let cool completely on a wire rack.