If you're looking to make some easy, healthy, delicious, vegan cheese, this recipe is for you. With all of the artisan vegan cheeses popping up, I thought it was time to join in the fun and was so shocked at how easy and cheesy the whole experience was.
Cashew Dill Cheese [Vegan]
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon agar powder
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Lightly grease 6 spaces in your muffin tin using vegetable oil like sunflower or safflower.
- Place the cashews, nutritional yeast, salt and onion powder in a blender or food processor and process until you have a fine cashew texture (not a cashew butter).
- Heat water in a small saucepan to a boil and add the agar. Stir with a whisk and reduce the heat to a simmer continually stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add the cashew mix into the agar and water mix and stir with whisk to fully combine. Then add the dill and stir a few times.
- Now spoon the mixture into the 6 muffin tins spaces and place in the fridge.
- Let the cheese set for about an hour uncovered in the fridge and then turn out the cheese onto a plate and enjoy!