If you're looking to make some easy, healthy, delicious, vegan cheese, this cashew dill cheese recipe is for you. There are so many different artisan vegan cheeses popping up, but they can be expensive. But why not make your own? This recipe is pretty simple and doesn’t require many ingredients: just cashews, water, agar agar, and seasonings. That’s it! Serve this with crackers at your next get-together or snack on it with a glass of wine at night. It’s so creamy and tasty. You will love this cashew dill cheese!
Cashew Dill Cheese [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cashew Dill Cheese [Vegan]
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon agar powder
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
How to Prepare Cashew Dill Cheese [Vegan]
- Lightly grease 6 spaces in your muffin tin using vegetable oil like sunflower or safflower.
- Place the cashews, nutritional yeast, salt, and onion powder in a blender or food processor and process until you have a fine cashew texture (not a cashew butter).
- Heat water in a small saucepan to a boil and add the agar. Stir with a whisk and reduce the heat to a simmer continually stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add the cashew mix into the agar and water mix and stir with whisk to fully combine. Then add the dill and stir a few times.
- Now spoon the mixture into the 6 muffin tins spaces and place in the fridge.
- Let the cheese set for about an hour uncovered in the fridge and then turn out the cheese onto a plate and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Agar Agar
- All Vegan Cheese
- Cashew Cheese
- Cheesy Recipes
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 693 | Total Carbs: 49 g | Total Fat: 44 g | Total Protein: 30 g | Total Sodium: 2240 g | Total Sugar: 6 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.