I often have those mornings where I wake up with a hankering for a sweet, but healthy, breakfast treat to accompany my green smoothie! I love sneaking things like carrots and summer squash into sweet muffins! It’s a great way to add an extra serving of veggies to your diet! There have been plenty of carrots at the farmers’ market and in CSA shares this summer, so I was inspired to create these Vegan Carrot-Apple Muffins to satisfy the morning sweet tooth!These moist & delicious muffins make the perfect breakfast treat, or sweet snack with afternoon tea!
Carrot-Apple Muffins [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Carrot-Apple Muffins [Vegan]
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated cane juice sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground Ceylon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups finely grated organic carrots
- 2 large organic apples - peeled, cored & shredded
- 6 teaspoons egg replacer (dry)
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup raisins
How to Prepare Carrot-Apple Muffins [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl combine the sugars, flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon & salt. Stir in carrot & apple; mix well.
- In a small bowl whisk together egg substitute, applesauce & oil. Stir into dry ingredients. Fold in raisins
- Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Let muffins cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing from pans.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 2,459 | Total Carbs: 478 g | Total Fat: 65 g | Total Protein: 21 g | Total Sodium: 334 mg | Total Sugar: 283 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.