Even if you're not a big broccoli fan, this fried rice delivers all the nutritional benefits of the vegetable while masking much of the taste. Especially since the broccoli is only cooked for 3-4 minutes, much of the vitamins are completely intact on the plate! This take on fried rice is sure to impress broccoli lovers and skeptics alike.
Broccoli Fried Rice Bowl [Vegan]
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2-3 garlic cloves, grated or crushed
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt and black pepper
- Cut broccoli into chunks and add it to the food processor (I like to use both the florets and stems). Pulse until broken down into rice-size pieces
- Melt coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onions and saute for about 5 minutes until they turn golden and translucent
- Mix in turmeric and garlic and saute for another minute or two. Add a splash of water if the pan gets dry
- Pour in the broccoli “rice”, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes until broccoli gets tender
- Remove from heat, season with sea salt and pepper, and serve with other veggies and protein of choice. Enjoy!