Vegan breakfast burritos are an insanely delicious and easy vegan breakfast for busy mornings. Loaded up with roasted potatoes, seasoned tofu scramble (recipe adapted from Isa Chandra), browned breakfast patties, and vegan cheddar cheese, these have so many delicious flavors and textures wrapped inside a simple tortilla. They will excite your taste buds and keep you full throughout your day. Try making these vegan breakfast burritos asap (no need to wait until breakfast!)
Breakfast Burritos [Vegan]
- 2 pounds mixed baby potatoes, cubed
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Sprinkling of seasoning salt
- Dash of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons water
- heaping 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 6 frozen vegan breakfast burrito patties, thawed
- 6 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- Dollop of vegan mayonnaise
- 8-ounce package of vegan shredded cheese
- Dollop of salsa
- Sprinkling of cilantro, chopped
- First, remove the breakfast patties so they can thaw out.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash, dry, and cube the potatoes. Spread them evenly on a rimmed baking sheet and coat with a drizzle of olive oil. Sprinkle with a seasoning salt and a dash of ground black pepper. Stir well to coat evenly and bake at 400°F for about 40 minutes, until fork tender.
- In a large rimmed frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-low. Add the minced garlic and sauté for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Next, coat the pan with a nonstick cooking spray and crumble in the tofu with your hands. Sauté for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the cumin through and including the water in a small bowl. Add to the tofu and continue to cook for another 10 minutes, scraping up bits that stick to the pan with a metal spatula.
- Then, stir in the nutritional yeast.
- Once the tofu is done, transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add the breakfast patties to the frying pan and break apart into small pieces with a metal spatula. Cook over medium heat for about 5-8 minutes, until browned.
- Add the tofu back to the pan to warm and combine if you like.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- To assemble, place a dollop of mayo in the middle of the tortilla, followed by a pile of potatoes, then some breakfast patty and tofu scramble, a bit of cheese, followed by salsa and cilantro. Fold in the left and right sides first, and then roll away from you to form a burrito! Serve warm with additional salsa if you like.