One of the biggest challenges faced by the lactose-intolerant and vegans alike is the desire for cheese. But, vegan cheese is actually so easy to make––it’s just nuts and seasonings! This baked vegan cheese is the perfect holiday hors d’oeuvre (or just to have whenever you’re feeling snacky.) It’s so delicious and will satisfy all of your cravings!
Baked Nut Cheese [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Baked Nut Cheese [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews or blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1–1 1/2 tsp salt
How to Prepare Baked Nut Cheese [Vegan]
- Soak the nuts overnight in a bowl of water to cover.
- Drain the nuts and place in the blender with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place mixture in cheesecloth and close up.
- Place cheesecloth in a strainer over a bowl.
- Place in refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, drain off any liquid
- Plop mixture out of cheesecloth into an oiled oven-proof bowl or dish.
- Bake in a pre-heated 356°F oven for 40 minutes or until the cheese is firm and the top is beginning to crack, dry and turn golden.
- Serve warm or let cool and store in fridge.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- All Vegan Cheese
- Almond Cheese
- Cashew Cheese
- Cheesy Recipes
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1203 | Total Carbs: 50 g | Total Fat: 107 g | Total Protein: 27 g | Total Sodium: 2670 g | Total Sugar: 10 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.