If you’ve never had vegan chia seed pudding before, it’s a super healthy pudding-like snack loaded with nutrients from chia seeds. And, there are so many different varieties you can make too! Although I normally make some kind of chocolate chia seed pudding, this time I wanted to try something different.
Vanilla Bean and Mango Chia Seed Pudding [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup homemade almond milk
- 1/2 cup organic mango (diced small)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon organic vanilla bean powder (100% organic vanilla bean)
- 4 tablespoons organic chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons organic raw coconut crystals (or sweetener of your choice)
- Prepare the mango: peel the mango and dice into small pieces.
- Add the diced mango and all other ingredients to a mason glass jar.
- Seal the lid tightly and shake vigorously until everything is mixed together well.
- Put in the refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes, or until it firms up a little.
- Optional: add extra diced mango for garnish.
- This is not an overly sweet dessert (getting its sweetness from the mango and 2 tablespoons of granulated sweetener), so adjust the amount of mango/sweetener if you prefer a sweeter pudding. I used raw coconut crystals as my sweetener, but you can substitute with the sweetener of your choice. - I like to use a mason jar to mix it and then eat my pudding straight from the jar, but you don’t have to use a mason jar to mix it up. Just put all the ingredients into a small bowl, stir very well, and put it in the refrigerator to firm.