Don’t throw away carrot juice pulp, there is still hope for it — upcycle your carrot juice pulp into a delicious dessert! Don't loose out on the fiber and other goodness in there! Add some pumpkin seeds, coconut, dry fruit, spices and make some tasty carrot cake rolls! This recipe is of course gluten-free, raw and vegan and it has no starches. So let’s get rolling!
Upcycled Carrot Cake Rolls [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Raw]
- 2 cups carrot pulp leftover from juicing, can also use grated carrot, juice squeezed
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 5 figs soaked for 10 minutes (water discarded)
- 1/2 cup raisins soaked for 10 minutes (water discarded)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamon
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut for rolling
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds for topping
- Place all the dry ingredients - pumpkin seeds, coconut, cinnamon, cardamon, and sea salt into a food processor and mix for about 30 seconds. Place the dry mixture into a large bowl.
- Now process the wet ingredients - carrot pulp, figs, raisins and ginger for about 60 seconds.
- Pop the food processor lid open and add in the dry ingredients again. Close it up and blend all together until well combine - about 45-60 seconds.
- Grab a small amount of the mixture and squeeze slightly, then roll between the palms of your hands to form a little roll.
- Roll in coconut shavings and top with pumpkin seed if desired.
Store in the refrigerator to keep them fresh for unto 5 days.