This is a quick, easy, and tasty lunch inspired by the vibrant flavors and produce of Tuscany. It's the perfect kind of meal because it's easily portable and keeps well, so you can stay nourished and happy when you're on the go.
Tuscan Bean and Pasta Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Tuscan Bean and Pasta Salad [Vegan]
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons liquid sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked whole-wheat rotini pasta (substitute with gluten-free pasta if needed)
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup finely diced zucchini (1 medium)
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- **Baby spinach
How to Prepare Tuscan Bean and Pasta Salad [Vegan]
- Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, Italian seasoning, minced garlic, sweetener, sea salt, and pepper in a large bowl and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package for nine minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain again.
- Add the garbanzo beans, pasta, sun-dried tomatoes, diced zucchini, parsley, and red onion and mix to combine. For best flavor allow the bean/pasta mixture to marinate three hours or overnight.
- Toss with fresh baby spinach prior to serving.
**Note: For the perfect work lunch, place 1 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach in the bottom of your food container and top with the bean and pasta mixture. Then shake the container to combine prior to eating.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.