This mushroom and truffle oil bruschetta is the perfect appetizer to class up any party. The tender mushrooms are loaded onto your toast atop a smear of hummus and then finished with arugula and fermented garlic. These little bits have a big taste.
Truffle Oil Mushroom Bruschetta With Fermented Garlic [Vegan]
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 clove fermented garlic
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 2 ounces mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 teaspoons black truffle-infused oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black truffle-infused salt (sub pink salt if you do not have the truffle salt)
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup chickpeas
- Lemon juice
- Pink salt and pepper
- A pinch of crushed red pepper
- Pre-heat over to 350°F.
- Spread the fermented garlic on one side of each piece of bread. Toast them in the oven for 10-12 minutes until they're crunchy and golden brown.
- Heat coconut oil and 2 teaspoons truffle-infused oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add in your mushrooms and half the tamari.
- Let them cook for one full minute.
- Season them with truffle-infused salt or pink salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining tamari and mix the mushrooms around, letting them cook for another full minute.
- Then mix occasionally for another 1-2 minutes. Set them aside.
- In a small bowl add arugula, the remaining 2 teaspoons truffle oil, a squeeze of lemon juice. Add a pinch of salt and pepper if you like.
- Pull out your toasts from the oven and spread 1 tablespoon of hummus on each piece.
- Layer them with arugula, mushrooms, chickpeas, crushed red pepper, truffle-infused salt/pink salt, and pepper to taste.