Persimmon salsa, persimmon guacamole, persimmon nachos... it's fall's favorite fruit, three ways! Feel free to try this as a taco filling if you want to mix things up.
Triple Persimmon Nachos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 persimmons, chopped small
- 2 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup persimmon salsa
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 ears of corn
- 2 persimmons
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup adzuki beans
- 1/4 cup radish, shaved
- 1 cup butter lettuce, shredded
- 1 recipe persimmon salsa
- 1 recipe persimmon guacamole
- Make the salsa: Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Make guacamole: Mash avocados, then gently fold in 1/2 of the salsa. Add extra salt and lime if needed.
- Nacho time: Slice sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch thick rounds and place evenly on a baking sheet. Brush with coconut oil, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and chili powder. Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes or until just soft and browning.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cut corn off cob. Dice persimmon into small cubes. Add to skillet and let sit until kernels start to char. Occasionally stir to prevent from sticking and burning. Reduce heat and add beans and cumin, stirring to combine and warm beans. Season with salt, if needed.
- Pile sweet potatoes on a plate. Top with persimmon mixture, shaved radish, and shredded lettuce.
- Serve with salsa and guacamole.