Here is a meat-eater-approved beef stew recipe. Beef stew is a favorite comfort food for many. On a cold or rainy night, nothing beats a warm bowl of vegan beef stew dipped with some crunchy and crusty bread!
Traditional ‘Beef’ Stew Recipe [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 1/2 cups potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 stalks of celery, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 packs beefless chunks
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil and saute the onions for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the garlic and tomato paste, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the vinegar in and briefly stir.
- Add the flour, stir well and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the broth, carrots, potatoes, celery, bay leaves, black pepper and thyme.
- Stir all ingredients together, turn heat to medium/low and cook for 40 minutes.
- Stir frequently so that veggies do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- After 40 minutes, add the parsley and the frozen beef and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Seitan (Plant Protein)